There are many components that go into clear thinking, and feeling and looking better. These include exercise, sleep and what we eat. This post focuses on food that makes us feel better.
These are foods we should eliminate or use in moderation:
1. Processed foods – these are found in the middle of grocery stores. Shop the outer edges of the store to avoid these.
2. Soda – especially diet soda
3. Foods with processed sugar
4. Foods with a lot of salt
Here are foods we should eat more of:
1. Fresh and frozen vegetables – especially green leafy and cruciferous vegetables
2. Cold water fish
3. Free-range, antibiotic-free chicken and turkey
4. Fruit – especially berries
5. Herb tea
Finally drink a lot of water – half your body weight in ounces.
Daniel and his friends set a good example of how we should eat. In Daniel 1:8 we’re told that he determined not to defile himself by eating the king’s food. Instead he chose a diet of vegetables and water. What was the result? They looked healthier and better nourished than the the young men who had eaten the kings food. And God gave them an unusual aptitude for understanding. The king was impressed by them, he consulted them…
The lesson learned: Determine not to defile yourself with food that is not healthy. It can become addictive and is promoted to make others wealthy. Instead chose to eat the healthier, natural food that God provided for us. Our bodies were designed for natural food, not for man made foods.
Helpful and interesting links: