- 1 package cake mix (chocolate, lemon, yellow…) 18.25 ounces
- 1 package instant pudding mix (chocolate, lemon, vanilla…) 3.4 ounces
- 2 2/3 cups confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered flavored (cocoa, lemonade…) beverage mix
- Check to be sure mug is large enough. It must be able to hold 1 1/2 cups water and be microwavable.
- Cake: Blend dry cake mix and dry pudding mix in a large bowl. Divide into 8 (about 1/2 cup) and put each into a small plastic bag to use later.
- Glaze: In a medium bowl combine confectioners suger with powdered flavoring (cocoa, lemonade…) Divide into 8 (about 1/3 cup) and put each into small plastic bag labeled Glaze to use later.
Wet ingredients for each cup:
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon of oil
- 1 Tablespoon of water
- Spray the inside of each cup with cooking spray.
- Empty the contents of the cake baggie into the mug.
- Add egg, oil and water.
- Blend all contents completely – reach into the corners to blend the dry mix.
- Microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
- Empty glaze baggie into a small bowl and add 1 1/2 teaspoon water. Mix well. When cake is done, pour glaze over cake in mug. Enjoy while warm.
You can have these on hand for a quick dessert or put them in mugs for gifts. The best mugs are found in thrift stores such as Goodwill or Salvation Army. I’ve also found nice ones in dollar stores and craft stores such as Michaels.