Recently I went from 185 lbs. to 145 lbs. More importantly I am healthier. I have more energy, and haven’t had monthly headaches since. It took 6 months to lose this weight, and since then never gone above 150 lbs.
Here is how I did it. I began by drinking alkaline water. I’ll discuss that more in another post. (Never take medicine or supplements with alkaline water). Just by changing my water, and drinking a lot of it, I lost approximately 10 pounds in about 4 months. That was slow so I decided to do more. First I added more fruits and vegetables to my diet. You should always eat twice as many veggies as fruit. Then I went on a 20 day cleansing diet.
The basic cleansing diet:
- Two days of just fruits and vegetables – mostly raw.
- 3 Day detox diet (maple syrup, lemon juice and water – see the recipe below)
- 15 more days of just fruits and vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 quarts distilled water
- 1/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup (for women) or 1/2 cup (for men)
Some important things to keep in mind while losing weight:
- Eat a variety of foods and a rainbow of colors.
- Take a good multivimin/mineral supplement.
- a body purifier and an appetite appeaser are beneficial but not necessary.
- Make a fruit smoothy each morning using a good protein powder.
- Use sea salt instead of regular salt.
- Last meal of the day should be eaten before 6 P.M.
- Drink ALOT of water (half your body weight in ounces) If you weigh 200 lbs – drink 100 oz. each day. At first it is difficult, but you get used to it.
- Get to bed early and get 8 hours of sleep.
- Refrain from consuming
- caffeine, alcohol, tobacco or other stimulants.
- soft drinks – even sugar free.
- processed or refined foods.
- MSG or chemicals.
For the first 20 days also refrain from:
- hominy, white rice, yams, potatoes, corn and dried beans. These are high in starch & natural sugars).
- grains (except wild rice or brown rice).
In 20 days I lost 20 more pounds. Then I added healthy protein to my diet: mostly chicken, fish and beans. I started cheating and went to potlucks and buffets and ate everything in sight but I always went back to eating a lot of fruits and vegetables with quality protein when I was at home. I still lost 10 more pounds and haven’t permanently gained any back. My fluctuation has always stayed within the 5 lb. range. That is probably due to a metabolism boost. Curves ® diet recommends that you have a diet of 1200 calories for 7 days, 1500 for 23 days and then 2000 – 2500 for 2-4 weeks. The 3rd phase of the diet boosts your metabolism and helps you break through the plateau that is commonly experienced when dieting.
When I began my diet I was told that pure maple syrup was good for diabetics – Since then I’ve found conflicting opinions. What is yours? Here are a few good websites to consider:
For those of you who would like to learn how to build your own website I highly recommend these tutorials: